ED conducts raids in Punjab, Chandigarh and Delhi in medication smuggling, faux passport and cash laundering instances | India Information
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) is finishing up searches at 9 places in Punjab, one location in Chandigarh and two places in Delhi in reference to Fazilka medication smuggling and faux passport racket instances.
Within the Fazilka medication smuggling case round 1800 gms Heroin, 24 gold biscuits, 2 weapons, 26 stay catridges and two Pakistani SIMs have been seized from a gang of worldwide drug smugglers in 2015. The medication have been smuggled by way of Indo-Pak border and one of many kingpins of the syndicate is in UK.
Sukhpal Singh Khaira, Aam Aadmi Get together MLA was actively aiding and supporting the gang of worldwide smugglers and having fun with the proceeds of crime.
These being searched embody the next:
1. Gurdev Singh r/o Kapurthala, a convict in Fazilka Medicine Smuggling case,
2. Manjit Singh r/o Kapurthala, a convict in Fazilka Medicine Smuggling case,
3. Harbans Singh r/o Jalalabad, Distt- Fazilka, a convict in Fazilka Medicine Smuggling case
4. Subhash Chander r/o Jalalabad, Distt- Fazilka, a convict in Fazilka Medicine Smuggling case,
5. Harminder Kaur r/o Jallandhar, in reference to Pretend Passport racket,
6. Rajwinder Kaur r/o Kapurthala, in reference to Pretend Passport racket,
7. Bikker Singh r/o Kapurthala, in reference to Pretend Passport racket,
8. Sukhpal Singh Khaira, MLA r/o Chandigarh, an affiliate of above talked about drug case convicts and faux passport racketeers
9. Inderveer Singh Johal, r/o New Delhi. ( son-in-law of Shri Sukhpal Singh Khaira), an confederate in cash laundering.
The searches are underway and have unearthed incriminating paperwork and digital units.