Maha Shivratri 2021: Full puja schedule, tithi, vidhi | Tradition Information
New Delhi: The auspicious competition of Maha Shivratri is on March 11, this 12 months. The pan-India competition can also be broadly celebrated by Indians settled overseas. The day marks the celebration of Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati’s marriage. Devotees throng temples in big numbers and provide their prayers.
In some elements of the nation corresponding to in Jammu and Kashmir, Maha Shivratri begins a day prior. This 12 months, Kashmiri Pandits will have a good time it on March 10 and the festivity continues for days. The day known as Herath amongst the Kashmiri Pandit neighborhood.
Our nation is dwelling to numerous traditions and cultures and subsequently, respecting every certainly one of them, festivals maintain higher significance for all. Celebrations and rituals might differ as you progress from north to south or east to west, however the spirit with which is revered is similar.
Maha Shivaratri on Thursday, March 11, 2021
Nishita Kaal Puja Time – 00:06 to 00:55, Mar 12
Period – 00 Hours 48 Minutes
On twelfth Mar, Shivaratri Parana Time – 06:34 to fifteen:02
Ratri First Prahar Puja Time – 18:27 to 21:29
Ratri Second Prahar Puja Time – 21:29 to 00:31, Mar 12
Ratri Third Prahar Puja Time – 00:31 to 03:32, Mar 12
Ratri Fourth Prahar Puja Time – 03:32 to 06:34, Mar 12
Chaturdashi Tithi Begins – 14:39 on Mar 11, 2021
Chaturdashi Tithi Ends – 15:02 on Mar 12, 2021
(as per drikpanchang.com)
– Take a shower earlier than doing Puja or visiting a temple.
– Purify dwelling and puja space by sprinkling Gangajal.
– Gentle a brass or an earthen lamp.
– Sit down together with your eyes closed and invite Lord Shiva to just accept your choices. (You or your loved ones priest can do the Pran Pratishthan by invoking the God in your idol).
– Now, do Abhishek with water on Shiv Linga or Shiva’s Moorti. Chant ‘OM’ or ‘OM – Namah Shivaya’ whereas doing the Abhishek.
– Then do Abhishek with Milk, Dahi, adopted by Honey, Ghee (clarified butter) and water once more.
– Use a contemporary piece of fabric to softly wipe the Shiv Linga or Idol.
– Use the sacred ash (Vibhuti) or bhasm and make a Tripundra on the Lord’s Brow or on the Shiv Linga. (The Tripundra is the three well-known horizontal mark).
– Put a Chandan tika within the centre of the horizontal line within the center. After which add kumkum teeka. Add Bel or Vilva leaves and flowers.
– Gentle incense sticks and dhoop.
– Then provide fruits and dry fruits to God.
– Then chant the Shiva Chalisa or the 108 names of Lord Shiva or any easy Shiva Mantra.
– Meditate for some time.
– Conclude the Puja by singing the Shiva Aarti.
– Pray to Goddess Parvati as Shakti and Lord Shiva – in search of blessings of Shivashakti.
(The Puja Vidhi might differ from region-to-region)
Some devotees observe quick on the day and a few hold it on the day previous to the puja.
Bhole Shankar and Devi Parvati’s blessings are sought by all and what higher day than the celebration of Maha Shivratri.
This is wishing everybody a really blissful Maha Shivratri!